9h30 am
on the cushion
My day began when I rolled out of bed and realized I didn't need to be anywhere until 6h30 pm, which is always a great feeling.
During my sit, I felt the emptiness in my stomach, which my mind recognized as hunger and noticed how my thoughts began to spin stories about how hungry I was, etc. It was interesting to observe those feelings and those formations - I noticed that I wasn't hungry all the time, and the feelings would come and go, as as they did my mind would get noisy or be quiet depending.
I added my landline/cell phone ringing to my bells of mindfulness. I think I'm going to add drinking (any liquid) as a micropractice - I'm pretty at a loss for what to add these days!
I spent three hours in silence, catching up on emails, world news, sending some emails, and making food. And mailing stuff. And trying not to be upset about things I thought I'd let go of a long time ago. Ah well. :)
1 comments:
Interesting, don't you think? Even such so-called "physiological feelings" like hunger come and go. AND the relationship between these feelings and mental state/quality.
What might this mean or 'point to' in regards to how one can relate to feelings?
Post a Comment