12h00 pm
on my cushion, in my bedroom

I like my new spot for sitting! I sit right in front of my fireplace. I haven't lit the candles in there yet to do meditation while staring at the flames, but I feel so much more grounded there than I did when I was sitting on my couch. Perhaps cuz I'm actually on the ground this time? ahaha. Sometimes my cat curls up next to me and naps while I sit and it's so cute to watch and then observe all my thoughts as they come up telling me how cute he is.

My heart seemed to be full of love and gratitude today. Like, literally, it felt swollen. And I couldn't stop smiling. I don't really know where any of this came from, but I just woke up feeling so awfully lucky to be here and be doing what I love and having the people in my life that I do. It was also interesting to note how I was grasping at these feelings, as I found myself telling myself that I hoped this feeling would always last (when I know damn well it won't!) and how I wished I could feel this way forever.

Like I said, I know I won't, but it's great how my mind and my heart were at ease today. And it's great how I can record all of this down so I can look back on the calm and peaceful and not so calm and peaceful times to remind myself just how much things change every single day.