11h40am
20-25 minutes seated practice before yoga

I remember when I first started sitting and would try to sit before I'd take a yoga class and how distracted I'd get with everything and then I'd end up having a shitty asana practice.

Month four, and I found I am able to just presently "observe" distractions. It was weird though, returning to sit on blocks after having nice sits on my new meditation cushion. I could really feel it in my knees and shins, and it makes such a difference when you have a good "seat" to do your sit. I'd say my most major distractions weren't people coming in and out of the room (although the gal next to me threw her mat down on the floor which startled me and made me jump... studio etiquette, anyone?) but the tinglyness in my shins, ankles, and toes. I felt impatience to end my sit because it was uncomfortable and mindfully tried to adjust how I was seated but it only relieved some of the pressure.

No more angry asana practice either, which was welcome. My practice went like I LOVE YOGA! *fidget fidget fidget* I LOVE YOGA! *jump around on the mat fidget fidget* I LOVE YOGA! *dance around on the mat shaking my hips* My mind was calm but my body was so damn jumpy. It was slightly annoying, and I couldn't help but to laugh.