Aware of the suffering caused by sexual misconduct, I vow to cultivate responsibility and learn ways to protect the safety and integrity of individuals, couples, families and society. I am determined not to engage in sexual relations without love and a long-term commitment. To preserve the happiness of myself and others, I am determined to respect my commitments and the commitments of others. I will do everything in my power to protect children from sexual abuse and to prevent cuoples and families from being broken by sexual misconduct.

Every time I read this I think that if I had been reflecting on that exactly a year ago this week, I wouldn't have been living the gong show that was my life from August 2008 to May 2009. Then again, because I loved him, and love is irrational, I probably would have anyway.

I think I also want to add to this training that I vow to never be so enwrapped in someone that I lose sight of who I am, lose presence in my day to day living, and cause others suffering because I am currently not present enough to think about the well being of anyone else but myself and my partner.

And that's my reflection.