I didn't get to my cushion today. I did, however, do walking meditation in the sweltering heat and humidity around Rideau Falls and the Ottawa River. I was very aware of the ground beneath my feet, the sound of the cars whizzing past on the highway, how no one else was on the path with me (lol. Double meaning there, eh?) I was totally aware of my breath (even though I was walking slowly, I was panting because it was so damn hot. Mindful of the sweat dripping down my back, my legs, my neck, my face, underneath my sunglasses...

And somehow through all of this uncomfortableness, I found joy and happiness. I'm here in an awesome city. I am lucky to be doing something I love. I have three passions in life - music, yoga, and helping others. I get to do all three on a daily basis. Not too many people can say that. I realize that tomorrow during my sit or my walking meditation I might not feel the same thing, but today it was so lovely feeling so at peace and content with the world. I cried a lot during walking meditation today. I wasn't sad or anything, but it felt good to let all those crazy emotions loose anyway.