Today my sitting consisted of fifteen minutes on a greyhound bus. This proved to be incredibly challenging, as it was noisy, a kid behind me was kicking my seat, and I am so incredibly exhausted. I taught sooooo many classes this week and was all over southwestern Ontario and today all I felt like doing was passing out. Currently, I feel like doing the same but I am so overstimulated I can't even take a nap!
Despite the distractions, I felt I was doing a great job noticing my mind wandering, mental formations coming on, and coming back to my breath, noticing the mind wandering again, coming back to my breath, etc. That's what being mindful is all about so I'll take it.
Sadly I did not get to asana practice today. I am so exhausted the thought of standing up at the moment overwhelms me. Please allow me a day of rest/day to catch up on all the re-reading I meant to do this week and I shall get back to sitting and practicing on Monday.
0 comments:
Post a Comment