It's funny, but when I first got the "meditation schedule" for our first month, I was most resistant to Du Sa Ni Ma. I didn't think I'd ever be able to "memorize" the words when we were supposed to switch them around (du sa ni ma, sa ni ma du, ni ma du sa, ma du sa ni) and this week, when the time came to practice this, felt a shitfit welling up inside of me when I woke up Monday morning.
Ironically, this is the practice which has come most easily to me. I wrote out "cheat sheets" and then realized I didn't even need them (since the first time I actually engaged in this practice was yesterday at the Service Canada centre).
Today I was all set for more practice while I waited for my name to be called at yet another Service Canada centre for my health card, but the dude at the desk rejected my application due to semantics. I think a month ago I might have blown my lid at him, but I just flashed him a smile and told him I'd be back to refile once I got my employer to change the wording on my letter of employment to what he specifically requested. Even though he let the girl in front of me go on when she didn't have half the documentation needed. Jerk.
I came home to sit instead. My cat decided to curl up in my lap and join me. He's done this sometimes. I don't know if cats can meditate or not, but Phoenix's breathing has become slower to match mine when he sits on my lap. It's really, really weird. We're never complete in sync with each other, but after about five minutes he's just purring away, taking these long inhales and exhales, almost like he's trying to match mine.
I'm finally starting to enjoy this one week in. I don't know if its because I've stopped caring if I'm "doing a good job" meditating, or because I've found a concentration excercise that works better with my brain, and I realize that tomorrow I might completely be knocked off my zafu, but for right now, I'll take it.
0 comments:
Post a Comment