I had a nice sit today. Nothing really came up. I felt focused and peaceful.
I did three hours of mindful cleaning today. Washed dishes, did laundry, dusted, vacuumed, wrote some letters (actual letters that cost money to send and delivered by an actual person, I know) and organized my desk drawers, and purged a lot of stuff that had accumulated in those drawers since 2006. Reading through some of my old cards and scribbles and grocery lists and to do lists was pretty funny. I felt like I wasn't being fully present, when I was kind of starting to relive the past, but I knew it was in the past, so was that ok? haahahha.
My brain did wander while doing my housework a few times, but I felt I was pretty good at really concentrating on the task at hand. I didn't play music when I was cleaning like I usually do, to help my brain stay more focused and connected to what my body was doing. I don't feel as if I cleaned any better or worse than I usually do. I thought it was cool to observe just how often my brain tries to wander away though!
0 comments:
Post a Comment