I'm away teaching in Waterloo until Friday and today I did walking meditation from the cafe I had lunch at back to the studio. It ended up being about twenty minutes long. The only mental formations I had was wondering what people were thinking of me as they drove past in their cars. I decided that I didn't care. I have a meditation MP3 on my iPod - a 60 minute long CD of rain and thunderstorms and I put that on to drown out the noise of oncoming cars.
My asana practice went well today too - 90 minutes of a non Moksha vinyasa flow in reduced heat. I dound myself less agitated during class and really was able to focus my breath and body awareness and stay out of my brain. The class didn't even feel like it was 90 minutes long. I think it really helped to break the two up... today anyway. Time will tell. But I feel a lot better today about both practices. When I taught tonight I think I was more centred and more in the room as well, which is always a good thing!
0 comments:
Post a Comment