OK. Counting on exhales is entirely impossible for me. This is kind of funny, since its like playing on the upbeats of a song... and being a musician, especially a hornist, that's basically a French horn part in any Sousa marching piece. Constant upbeats. So really, this shouldn't be as hard as it's been. I switched half way through to count the inhales. Perhaps I don't want to feel like a marching band when I am sitting.

I actually did my "sit" laying down today, before my yoga class (I know, I know.). I kept my eyes open and my gaze directed to a spot on the ceiling so I would be more alert and aware. You know... it was actually a good time. I felt very still, at peace, and focused on what I was doing during my entire sit. No feet falling asleep. No nasty tingling or tight pulling in my legs. I just had a great amount of focus and found sitting - and my yoga class! - quite lovely. I was more present for this asana practice than I have been in weeks. Everything in my body seemed to work and flow together. I felt at harmony with myself and my surroundings for the first time in awhile.