2h00 pm
25 minutes
Whenever I'm preparing for a show and I sit I can't get music out of my head. Today it was Britten's War Requiem, which I'm performing next week for Remembrance Day. I felt completely distracted, as instead of focusing on kindness and love and easing away anger, I found myself singing whole tone scales in my mind, then lightly humming, raising my eyebrows, practicing... jesus h. christ. I felt frustrated to say the least.
Breath concentration. Kickin' it back old school to du-sa-ni-ma. There we go. Breath becomes calm, brain becomes silent. Echos of whole tone scales in the back but they're not in the front of my brain so that's ok. Feel my heart start to get more calm. Fidget a little as I feel my shins get prickly. Feel warmth in the center of my chest and bring a bit of a smile to my lips. Notice tingles, notice hunger, breathe breathe breathe. Totally get startled when my alarm buzzes. Feel like the zen's been kicked out of me. Ah well.
0 comments:
Post a Comment