11h45 ish
15 minutes in a hot room before class

Before anything else - I'm totally adding nail clipping and filing into a bell of mindfulness. Thank you, Leah.

Again, I "just sat" before I "just practiced". I kept noticing how I was squinting my eyes shut, which was kind of funny. I didn't feel like I was anticipating the teacher coming up to teach the class or anything, and I wasn't grasping to stay longer. I fidgeted for a good six minutes or so before I settled into this really really cool deep calm concentration that I haven't felt in a LONG ASS TIME. I didn't even really notice the teacher had come into the room until she told everyone to stretch and I felt people move around me. And then proceeded to have one of the most intense, grounding practice I've had in FOREVER. Seriously I've created a story that I've been super failing at physical asana lately as the heat has really been getting to me, and in room temperature practices I've just been so full of judgement and all over the place. It's like I went from questioning myself why I bother to do any of this in the first place to having all these brilliant A-HA moments reminding myself why I'm on this journey (and I'm on this journey because it is a journey - a less maladaptive one than the one I was on before!)

Anyway.

Thanks for the advice Frank!