2h00 pm
10 minutes
Found it really hard to concentrate this afternoon as I have too much on my mind (haha, when don't I?). Asana practice was all over the place and I felt pretty angry the entire time. In the middle of my sit I thought about how I have an assignment due and decided to end my sit so I could work on that, which brings me to 40 minutes later and I'm still staring at a blank word document on my computer screen. I feel like I've hardly had a chance to actually sit and think and engage in the third foundation of mindfulness this month and therefore, feel like I don't have anything to offer because I'm not so sure myself if I understand it. I guess, to me, it just feel like the same things I have been studying for the last four months, and therefore, I'm grasping and trying to find that one little "different" thing, to make this month's practice, meditation, and savasana unique. I'm literally at a writer's block and don't really know what to do.
I keep forgetting my micropractices this week and it's making me pissy.
Frank, you used to post questions for contemplation to the board (taking refuge, etc etc etc). I haven't seen any questions for contemplation with regards to the Moksha training. Would it be at all possible if you could perhaps post some? If you did and I missed it, totally my bad :)
1 comments:
Karina,
I sent out a post just last night! Taking Refuge in Dharma......
As for your project, if you've been feeling this way (not understanding it etc) I wish you had been clear about that earlier.
It's simple. First Foundation is about the body (breath, movements, postures, parts, elements, decomposition)
Second Foundation is about feelings and their tone of pleasant, unpleasant or neutral and their origins in the body or the mind.
Third Foundation is mental formations; thoughts obviously, but all mental phenomena and learning to see them simply AS mental formations and NOT the "ABSOLUTE TRUTH!!!!"
As we enter into the Fourth Foundation, we can look back at any of the previous objects, but NOT we will be looking into their impermanent nature. And why? Because if ALL aspects of experience are impermanent, they lack a 'self' or substantial core that we can hold on to. With no-thing to hold on to found in experience, we let go. MOKSHA!
Post a Comment