2h00pm
in savasana

A few days before the two week deadline and two weeks before my own self imposed deadline of one month, I engaged in some not so mindful consumption last night after my concert. Anyway, I'm paying for it this morning, hence we're doing a "sit" "lying down" in corpse pose... which is pretty much how I felt upon waking up this afternoon.

It was interesting, though, to see how much my tolerance had decreased in twelve days! I had three beers, one shot, and was so horribly drunk it was unreal. My tolerance has never been like that before. I'm in awe.

Needless to say, my sit today was a bit rough. Plenty of distractions - huge headache, squirmyness, not feeling well, hot and cold. It was interesting to observe the sensations as they came and went. Also interesting to observe my mental formations making mountains out of molehills as my headache progressed. I reminded myself to appreciate my non headaches more often. Especially since headaches have been the theme of my life for the past two weeks or so and it's made hour to hour living kind of difficult for me. It was also a huge struggle for me to not fall back asleep, which is why we're not supposed to sit in savasana, but my head seriously could not take being vertical at the time. The wise idea might have been to not sit at that present moment, however I knew as the day progressed I'd probably come up with a million excuses to not do it anyway, so there we were.