11h40 pm
seated meditation before one hour asana practice
Well. Today's unexpected theme was definitely about releasing expectations and letting go. I'm feeling a lot better this week compared to last, as I'm not crazy hormonal. So because I'm actually feeling joy and happiness, of course, I go to do my sit/asana practice with all these expectations that it's gonna be a joyful happy practice cuz my favourite teacher is teaching and it's just gonna be awesome.
I get there, she found a sub for today, and there is a tonne of construction going on on the roof of the studio, so it basically sounds like Thor and Freya are going at it, hardcore, the room is shaking, and I'm sitting here, trying to feel joyful and happy and notice mental formations and being aware of feelings. I can definitely say the tone of both the sit and asana practice were unpleasant. Which was unfortunate, but there's tomorrow. Even though I felt frustration, I didn't notice impatience. Normally, I'd want to get myself out of a situation such as that, but I didn't find myself wanting to turn and leave the room/studio. A few months ago, I might have, so that was kind of cool to experience.
Brushed my teeth mindfully this morning and ate mindfully, but forgot to wash dishes mindfully, wanting to get them done as quickly as possible before I left for practice. Oops!
0 comments:
Post a Comment