What has been the greatest challenge for you in practicing mindfulness yoga?
Getting time to sit. We were told at the beginning of our journey to "just sit" and to stop making excuses. While I understand that, when my life got extremely crazy it was hard for me to "just sit" as "just sitting" meant a half hour where I could be sleeping, cooking, or cleaning. It was getting to the point where I just felt anxiety towards sitting, and didn't look forward to it, and overall hated what I was doing. The thought of withdrawing from the training didn't enter my mind, but I knew that in order to finish I'd have to restructure both my mind and how I viewed mindfulness. It also helped having a very compassionate teacher to help me through the process and make the work load a little easier for me... and peer support from other friends doing the training too was always wonderful to have!
I did learn, however, the difference between making up excuses and not having any time. I would say the excuse making occurred more in my beginning months of practice. Towards the end, my life was so insanely busy I think trying to cram one more thing in would have landed me in hospital. I would prefer to not be the first yogini to end up in the ER because she sat on her meditation cushion, yannow?
0 comments:
Post a Comment