Snowflurrie
1992-2008
My mom said this afternoon he tried to hairball, and the tumour had gotten so big that he was struggling to get it up and out. He started to choke. My mom held him and she calmed him down, and spent the next few hours trying to decide whether or not to put him down. She finally called my grandpa, him to the vet. I'm sure he cried out the entire time. His meows were always especially loud because he was deaf.
We always thought he'd live forever because he couldn't hear, and was so chill about everything. Instead he got cancer and had to fucking die.
I can't do two deaths of two good friends in one year. I have Phoenix in my lap right now and every time I look at him I get a fresh wave of tears cuz I know I'll be absolutely inconsolable when he goes.
I'm going to be selfish and say its not fair. Yes, I recognize there's worse things going on in the world, but I don't see why a sweet, deaf, awesome kitty couldn't have lived the long life he was expected to and had to suffocate to death instead.
0 comments:
Post a Comment