I read Larry Rosenberg's Breath by Breath awhile ago and thought I'd write my response on this, as this particular book really resonated with me.

I really liked Larry's approach to mindfulness - laid back, come as you are, etc. I appreciated his anecdotes while on his journey into insight, as it helped me feel like I wasn't the only person experiencing difficulty in practicing, difficulty in sitting, finding stillness, etc.

When I read this book, I wanted to kind of take his approach and have a more laid back, accepting practice with myself. While I believe that I've done this, at the same time I did notice sometimes I would be too accepting with my practice. While I have gone through periods in the past six months where I really haven't had time to sit and be still because life sucks ;), I do think there were times where I really should have "just sat" instead of being all "Well I'm tired and that's how things are so I'm going to use these 30 minutes to nap instead of sit."

I think most of all I appreciated that he wrote about things in such a way that made it easy for me to understand what mindfulness is all about. I felt after reading his book it was the first time I actually understood the path I was on, and why I was doing what I was doing. It isn't really any one specific thing, but more that I had many ground breaking moments while reading his take on the teachings, and those little "ah ha!" moments were what made me want to continue down this path after my initial struggle with the first three months of training. I guess to say, mindfulness became more accessible to me after reading this book. That is something I am extremely grateful for... I think we're due for another re-read!