Today I am going to take a break from our regularly scheduled photos to pimp some eco savvy beauty products. Mainly because I don't feel like taking pictures, but yeah :)

Recently I have found a new line of hair and skin care products called Yes to Carrots. I feel the need to rave about these products.

I have been using DDF products since 2006, when the spa I worked at used and promoted these products. While I feel they are amazing and do what they are supposed to do, I have been on the search for a more natural, paraben free, cheaper products for my face.

Yes to Carrots could easily be top of the line, high end skincare, but its not, and available at most drug stores. I'm currently using their night cream and exfoliating cleanser at night and I can honestly say it works just as well as DDF's Brightening Cleanser or Dramatic Radience TRF Cream (look at those prices... and those ingredients!).

I hope to eventually wean myself off of DDF entirely, and plan on trying Yes to Carrots eye contour cream.

I've also gotten their shampoo, conditioner, and deep conditioning treatment for my hair and all I can say is that I was blown away by how soft and managable my hair became. I have baby fine hair, but I have a lot of it, and it has a half weak curl to it (thank you, Italian mom and German dad!) and its become increasingly tougher to deal with, especially with it being long now (past my mid back!) - the hair mask made it naturally shiney and soft and smooth, almost eliminating my need for Aveda's smooth infusion on a daily basis. I will still, however pimp out Aveda's pure abundance hair potion.

Their body scrub is a great cheaper alternative to my favourite splurges, Caudalie's Sauvignon Scrub and Philosophy's Lemonade Scrub.

Another thing I like about Yes to Carrots is that they try as much as possible to use organic ingredients. Not all of their products are certified organic, but when they can, they use as much organic ingredients as possible. I also like using products where I can pronounce 90% of the ingredients.

So there you have it. More recs to come - its summer and I have way too much time on my hands.