I am so cranky today.

Meditation and practice was cancelled this morning, so Emma and I got our running shoes on at 5h30 am, and jogged/power walked down to the black sand beach about a mile and a half away from Kalani. We were up late with some of the other girls in our hale, but it was ok. To get to the beach from the road, you need to go down this steep hill, at a really steep incline.

So we get all the way to the bottom and I lose my footing, and fall right the fuck down on ah-ah.

There's two types of lava rock in Hawaii - ah-ah and pahoehoe. Pahoehoe is all nice and smooth. Ah-ah is rough and jagged. My ass is bruised, my left arm is all scratched and torn up... argh. And I've been stubbing my toe right left and centre.

The pacific ocean was so warm today.

Our afternoon classes were cancelled, with the exception of asana practice, so I've been at the poolside all day.


This shit has turned me black. teehee.

I'm so thankful tomorrow is a day off and I have a two hour hawaiian lomi lomi massage scheduled. I am so effing sore.