Day two of sitting/asana practice.
I attended a yoga class really early at 6h30 this morning! It was the only time I would be able to fit sitting and asana in, as I taught two classes after that, and am out this evening.
When I was sitting this morning I noticed how tired I was and grew resentful that I was up so early. As much as I try not to get into this particular mindset, sometimes I allow myself to believe that this is "one other thing to do". I think majority of the resentfulness had to do with me getting up at 5h50 when my alarm went off, after only having about a total of eight hours of sleep the past two nights. I was very tired, and a tad grumpy.
I was relieved when the teacher walked into the room and class began, but found my khapa dosha ass eagerly awaiting savasana the second I stood up on my mat and started practice. I noticed that, and laughed at myself, and somewhere within the standing series bitterness and resentment (to what, I have no clue) moved in, and internally, I was screaming. My brain refused to shut off no matter how many times I tried to label my breath and focus on that. Nightclub mind in sitting and asana today, for sure.
0 comments:
Post a Comment