
I don't understand how people can ONLY think that marriage can ONLY be between a MAN and a WOMAN.
The religious text book that you read (a translation, at that!) says so?
So you base this decision on something that, yeah, has a lot of great stories and metaphors and really has given us a lot of examples how to lead our lives as "good people" in it... but really... possibly... has no real merit to back it up (besides Those That Say So So It Shall Be?)
I fail to understand.
What I also fail to understand:
PUTTING A QUESTION OF WHAT IS EQUALITY TO A PUBLIC VOTE.
WHO. THE FUCK. GETS PEOPLE TO VOTE ON EQUAL RIGHTS?
Seriously. Are we going to get propositions for segregation again? Cuz its the same damn thing people. Different pile of shit, but same god-damned thing.
Not allowing people who are deeply, consentually, respectfully in love with each other to not be able to celebrate that and have it be LEGAL?
WHY?!
We humans are so judgmental, so hateful, so spiteful. I believe that the world needs a little more love. Its needs an OUT POURING, HEART-BURSTING love, and it needs that now. You won't allow gays to marry because it ruins the "sanctity of marriage"?
Give me a fucking break. Shot gun weddings between pregnant teenagers, people paying each other thousands of dollars for city hall weddings for US citizenship, arranged marriages (and no, not all of them are consentual, as we like to believe they ALL are), drunken Vegas drive thrus and marriages of convenience are all just the FUCKIN' EPITOME OF SANCTITY.
Who the FUCK gives YOU the right to tell someone whom they CAN and CAN'T be with? I can't even IMAGINE what that must be like. I mean, I've had my share of unrequited love, sure, but there always remained knowledge that if he and I were to chose, our wedding would be considered legal and valid by not only God, but by the government.
I mean. Show me scientific evidence that same sex marriages and couples just shouldn't be together (and not from an evolutionary perspective. Fuck kids. Our world is quite overpopulated and can hardly sustain itself, and you're worried about procreating? Give me a fucking break.). These rights and freedoms and laws aren't based on anything else but RELIGION which shouldn't even be in GOVERNMENT anyway. In the grand scheme of things, is a gay person getting married to another gay person really fucking up your life? Are they forcing their gay marriage on you? Are they holding you at gun point, trying to make you go to their wedding or sending you tapes of what they do in bed (which will happen with or without the marriage, let me tell you)? Are gays getting married REALLY fucking up your every day life? If so, I think YOU are the one with the problem and YOU are the one who needs the help. Not them. YOU are the person denying TWO PEOPLE IN LOVE the RIGHT to express their LOVE. That is HORRENDOUS. I don't know about you, but I have my own shit to concern myself with. I don't give a flying fuck if Adam and Steve get married. Let them get married and then get divorced like 51% of the American population.
I get so frustrated. I woke up yesterday morning feeling like prop 8 would be overturned. By a government that, a year before, had made it legal. Taken away by people who are afraid of anything different. People who claim they are doing God's work to spread the love, but really I don't see how that's possible.
The United States is fighting two wars right now. Our economy is in the shitter. Millions of people are unemployed and underemployed, trying to make ends meet. Gun violence is increasing, and there is no seeming end to domestic violence, child abuse, and rape. But this is what we're choosing to focus on. Disallowing people to not get their love legally recognized. This is what we spend our energy on, our time on, when we should be focusing and pooling our mental and physical resources together to come up with solutions to the BIGGER problems in our society.
Belief in a higher power is about love. It's about faith, its about trust, and it's about being able to have that oneness, that union, with all there is. God is love. God is light. Just because you're gay doesn't mean you should be denied feeling any of that, whether it be with God, or with someone else.
I don't think God should ever destroy.
And I hope one day my country elects a leader that will further seek to unite and change these laws so that people really, truly, do have the equal rights that they are guarunteed under our Constitution.
***
Two more things:
California, I no longer look to you as the liberal trendsetter and Canada lite.
Also, if you don't like gay marriage, then don't get one and shut the fuck up.
0 comments:
Post a Comment